Friday, August 29, 2008

Didn't Happen

So last night I'm taking Robbie out for his birthday celebration. I talk him into going to the Mexican restaurant that supposedly does the big sombrero hat etc....(he wanted to go somewhere else, but I talk him into this). We walk in and I quietly tell the guy that seats us it's Robbie's birthday. I'm not sure the guy understands, but Robbie overhears me and tells the guy in spanish also. So at this point it's obvious the guy understands its Robbie's birthday. He even makes a few funny comments. We sit down and a different guy comes and takes our order. We eat, we drink (definitely my theme lately as the scale showed this morning). We finished eating and drinking and the guy brings the check, and I'm thinking any minute now. I finish my beer, still no celebration, no hat, no clapping and singing. I go to pay the tab, and ask the guy "don't you do any birthday celebrations anymore?". Well, after much excitement, spanish speaking and yelling at the first guy takes place, we still had no celebration, my camera has no pictures of Robbie in a sombrero, and I'm very sad (and ticked off) and we have to wait till next year to try again.
:-( Peace

No comments: