Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve!!!

And I'm sure you are either excited or panicked. It's a day for last minute stuff. Last minute shopping, wrapping, baking. I'll be doing all three. It does help that the Stokes' are not doing their Xmas till after NYE so I have extra time there. Robbie decided this year he wanted to do email Xmas cards instead of snail mail. I'm not thrilled with the concept, but I will be doing that today also.

Our "green" elephant Xmas party Saturday night was a riot!! We will be doing that every year I'm sure. We all had lots of fun, and most went home with nice and useful gifts :-)

On the movie scene I have still been watching lots of Xmas movies. Some are about Xmas, some are just set during Xmas but they count. "Die Hard 1", "Lethal Weapon 1", "Grumpy Old Men 1", "While You were Sleeping" are all set during Xmas. Re-watched all of those. Re-watched all 3 "Santa Clause" movies, "Christmas with the Kranks" and "Surviving Christmas". A new one for me was "Noel". I don't know how I missed this one but it is a 9 1/2 hankies out of 10. It was VERY good. An oldie funny one I also missed was "Elf". Another new one was "Christmas Cottage", pretty good. None Xmas movies were "The Dark Knight" (fairly good) and "Mamma Mia!" (total chick flick but very good). A not new movie "She's the Man" (teenager movie, but cute).

We are definitely not going to have a White Christmas as it is 52 degrees right now, but it will be a wet one.

Peace :-)

No comments: