Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Everybody been busy?

Guess what, it's going to get worse. Yes, the holiday season is upon us. We had a very nice Thanksgiving dinner in St. Louis at Suzan's house with Robbie's family. And of course now is the countdown to Christmas, which is even shorter because Thanksgiving was late in the month. But we will persevere!

Well, dancing with the stars is over. Derek and Brooke definitely deserved their win. I sure will miss it until the next one starts and I have to keep reminding myself that Boston Legal is on also, So I don't miss out, since it's the last season.

Movie wise, there's been a few since my last report. Nancy and I had a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants marathon one weekend. The new one was out and we had never seen the first one. They are both cute. Worth watching, definite chick flicks. Here's a list of some more:

Tropic Thunder -- hysterical.
Wall-E -- slow starting, but worth watching, cute and has a message also
Hancock -- entertaining.
Fred Klaus -- I definitely like this one.
Meet Dave -- not the best out of these, but still okay.

Black Friday was different this year, seem like the deals were not as good, but we did need to get a new TV and go digital, and weirdly enough, our DVD player died the week before. So we decided to get a whole system, and luckily, the TV we picked out at Best Buy went on sale online Thanksgiving day so I didn't have to wait in line there. But I did go to eight stores on Black Friday starting at Lowe's at 5 a.m.

We have set up our new TV and DVD player but we haven't received our sound bar audio system yet. Hopefully it will arrive today, so we can complete our setup. We are still not getting all of the local channels, but the fact that I only had one static-y local channel before and now I'm getting several crystal-clear. It is fabulous!!!

:-) Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You get actual channels! Things must be getting crazy down there in C'dale. :)

BJ in So ILL said...

not too crazy, we only get 2 channels :-O